The Education Services team supports NYSCI’s mission by developing and implementing a vast array of innovative educational programs for Pre-K-12th grade students, educators and families. We invite learners to actively engage in the exploration of STEM concepts and practices. The department cultivates many local and national partnerships, including colleges and universities; collaborates on research projects; develops STEM learning resources; and leads educational initiatives with our community to increase science awareness, excitement and interest in learners of all ages.
The Science Instructor will be responsible for designing and implementing a variety of onsite, offsite and online programs including teacher professional development, outreaches, after school programming and other educational services programs to meet grant project deliverables and earned revenue goals in a fast paced and collaborative learning environment.
- Design and implement STEM curriculum that aligns with institutional philosophy for grant-related and earned-income related programs.
- Implement online, onsite and offsite courses for teacher professional development correlating to science standards.
- Deliver onsite, offsite and online student programs including workshops, after school programming and outreaches on a variety of science topics.
- Assist in the coordination and participation of large scale and small-scale education events including Science Fairs, Community Events and Big Science Days.
- Act as project leader or team member and collaborate with other NYSCI staff to meet all outcomes and deliverables associated with grant projects.
- Attend various conference/workshops/promotional events to participate or lead sessions/presentations representing NYSCI throughout the year.
- Assist in the maintenance of labs, equipment and storage areas.
- Perform inventory of materials and equipment as needed for programs.
- Assist with other Education Services programs as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in science, education, or museum studies required. Master’s degree in related area preferred
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
3-5 years of experience working in an informal learning environment. Demonstrated experience developing and delivering science programs for students, teachers and families.
- Experience developing and implementing innovative hands-on educational activities.
- Familiar with teaching strategies for informal and formal settings that support creative learning for students, teachers and families.
- Demonstrable experience in working with teams of educators with the ability to harness team creativity and translate into effective programming.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
- Experience serving diverse audiences and supervising or working with youth.
Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday
Commensurate with education, skills and experience; includes an excellent NYSCI benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include job title in subject line. No phone calls.
The New York Hall of Science is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service, marital status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We support a drug-free workplace.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.