*Last revised March 2017.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect any personal information you provide to us. For example, you may provide us your name, country, postal code, email address, username, password, and other information, including demographic information and information about your classroom, your school, and your students, you directly give us using the Service. If you order our premium services or products, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, and shipping information (as applicable). This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases.
Information Automatically Collected from You. We automatically collect information about you when you visit our Site. For example, we may log your computer or device operating system type, IP address, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed on our site, how long you spent on a page or feature, and access times.
THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT CONNECTIONS
If you choose to log on or otherwise associate the Services with another third party account (for example, a Google Account), we may receive information from that third party site to make it easier for you to create an account on the Services and display relevant content. Any information that we collect from these third party accounts may depend on the privacy settings you have with that third party, so please consult their privacy and data practices.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information collected through our Services, or disclosed by you on our Site or in connection with our Services, for the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use your information to:
- understand your preferences and to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site and Services;
- operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services;
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you related information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate about promotions and other news about Services offered by us;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties such as your associated school, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- provide and deliver products and services that you request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information other than as follows:
- with third party service providers, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work (for example, our web hosting provider); to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- in an emergency to protect the personal safety of its users or any person;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may create, use, and disclose anonymized and aggregated data for our own purposes.
Our Commitment to Our Donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by The New York Hall of Science (NYSCI), both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the NYSCI website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGE
You may “opt-out” of receiving our promotional emails by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may change your personal information by following the directions on the Site. You may send requests about your personal information, including requests to change your contact preferences and update your personal information, to our contact information below.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your and your student’s personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission or method of electronic storage on the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, although we take security very seriously and work very hard on behalf of your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of your or your student’s information.
WHAT WE COLLECT: Digital Tools
We do not collect personal information about you; information about your computer or IP address; or other personally identifiable information through your use of NYSCI’s digital tools. The work created in our applications remain on the local device, and are not connected to any central database. Some of our applications include a sharing feature allowing users to login to their own Google drive account, but this login information is not collected or transmitted. No information is ever automatically transmitted to NYSCI or any other third party.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. Feel free to email us at email@example.com. You may also contact us at our address: 47-01 111th St, Corona, NY, 11368.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the Last Revised date above.